Nitrided P/M high-speed steel with outstanding wear and seizure resistance.
SPMX4N contributes to “total cost reduction” due to increased dies service life and productivity.
SPMX4N contributes to increased service life of dies and provides the wear resistance about four times that of conventional.
- Allowing nitrogen in steel at a high concentration in the metal powder state can generate homogeneous carbonitrides even to the material inside.
- Carbonitrides exhibit outstanding properties in wear and seizure resistance due to a small friction coefficient. In particular, wear resistance of more than four times that of our conventional materials has been achieved.
- Carbonitrides are dispersed more finely than carbides and improves toughness that contributes to the chipping resistance.
- SPMX4N contributes to improved productivity and cost reduction due to an improved dies service life.
- SPMX4N can shorten lead time and reduce dies cost by eliminating surface treatment.
- Dies, punches, slitting blades, etc.
- In particular, SPMX4N exhibits high performance in working aluminum alloys and stainless steels.